• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

I have to go 5 days without my Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
I loaned my MacBook to my dad so he could do some video editing on the trip he went on so I won't have it back until Monday. I'm back to using a Dell and I'm already getting annoyed with Windows again.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
that's too bad.

you should stay in practice like me - i use windows 36 to 48 hours every week. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
That sucks to go w/o your Mac for so long.

eric - I feel your pain. I do a good bit of my job on a PC, the rest with pen & paper. The sad part is my office computer is a P4 w/hyperthreading, but the CPU is wasted on only 512MB RAM, so I struggle to run Word + IE 6 at the same time under Windows 2000. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
i work in a library with a super-windoweqsue database system on some REASON AMD64 Athalon processors. It is annoying.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
I loaned my MacBook to my dad so he could do some video editing on the trip he went on so I won't have it back until Monday. I'm back to using a Dell and I'm already getting annoyed with Windows again.

It'll probably be a long 5 days! It would be for me. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I'm on a PC at work pretty much all week long.. It's not terrible, but boy does it make me appreciate my iMac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
i went without my mac for almost a month when it was being repaired, i know how you feel. youll have it back soon enough though.

M

MacHeadCase

That's painful. Why not talk your dad into getting a Mac for himself?
icon12.gif

Reaction score
I went without my PB 12" for about 8 days when it went in for repair. Look at the upside: you're going to appreciate it so much more when it comes back! Trust me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
I cant leave my mac for a day
i might take it on holiday with me this year...

I hate using windows at school, epsecially with all these restrictions etc
but I learned how to get around em
I even print screen myself doing it and put it through the technicians door :D

OP
TheCustomer99
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
go buy a good book
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
Trust me, with a decently powerful computer,And vista home premium, i don't get all that frustrated with Windows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Gah.. 5 days would suck.. As much as I love my Mac's, I don't think I could live without my Xbox 360.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.