Window Size Formatting

Reaction score
I have moved the dock to the top of the screen but now when I open things they go under the dock.

Is there a setting to make the bottom of the dock be the max space that the program or window opens?

Otherwise I have to keep resizing everything.

Thanks

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i'm not sure i'm understanding what the problem is. do you want the top of your windows to line up with the bottom of the dock or the menubar?

OP
DeathtoToasters
Reaction score
i'm not sure i'm understanding what the problem is. do you want the top of your windows to line up with the bottom of the dock or the menubar?

The bottom of the dock....

BTW is there a way to add program icons etc to the menu bar?

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
so, the windows don't do this automatically? are they still attaching to the bottom of the menubar?

i don't know if you can add program icons to the menubar, but i'd be surprised if someone hasn't tried to do it.

OP
DeathtoToasters
Reaction score
so, the windows don't do this automatically? are they still attaching to the bottom of the menubar?

i don't know if you can add program icons to the menubar, but i'd be surprised if someone hasn't tried to do it.

Well they do now....I guess when I switched the dock over, some programs needed to min then maximize to re-learn the boundries.

Thanks

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
that makes sense, glad you figured it out!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.