email problems. Can't send but can receive

Reaction score
My email has always worked fine, but all of a sudden, when I send an email, instead of sending, it goes directly into my Outbox. I am running OS X. I am online, and can receive emails, but not send them. How can I fix this? Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
I had a similar problem once . Check your settings haven't changed. My ISP changed to a secure server .

Failling that put your com.apple.mail.plist in the trash (You'll find it in Preferences in the libarary)close and open mail and try again

Forgot to add You souldn't empty the trash. if your mail works fine after that Put the plist back where you took it from

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I had a similar problem once . Check your settings haven't changed. My ISP changed to a secure server .

Failling that put your com.apple.mail.plist in the trash (You'll find it in Preferences in the libarary)close and open mail and try again

Forgot to add You souldn't empty the trash. if your mail works fine after that Put the plist back where you took it from
Just to add, you don't have to put it in the Trash to begin with. Just move that file to your Desktop first. You just have to remove the plist file from it's original folder. If all is well after you restart your app, then you can move the file from your Desktop to the Trash. You won't have to replace the one you moved, as a fresh one would have been created in place of the one you removed in the first place when you quit the app.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
Thanks for that I forgot you could just move to the desktop. Which is a lot safer maybe

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.