iPod not accepting iTunes purchases/won't let me restore

Reaction score
I just realized that my iPod hasn't let me drag in any iTunes-purchased music or videos.

It says some items were not copied to the iPod. Check to see that my iPod software is up to date.

But the grey-shaded area in my iTunes/iPod Settings section is always greyed back, and says my software is up to date. I have the latest versions of software for both iTunes and iPod, and I can't restore my iPod b/c the button is greyed back. The only time I can restore it is if I plug it in at work and wipe it clean.

Can anyone tell me why my music and movies purchased on iTunes won't copy into my iPod? I've already been to the Genius Bar... they don't know.

Thank you!

Reaction score
G'day trellame & welcome to Mac-Forums!

Can't say why you're having this problem but why not try Senuti (iTunes backwards FYI) or another iPod utility that allows you to drag'n'drop to and from your iPod?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
Pulse-8 as always has a great suggestion. Senuti will also pull video from your ipod and transfer it onto your computer.

OP
T
Reaction score
Thank you both, I will try these with my home computer and let you know if they worked!

OP
T
Reaction score
before I could even try Senuti, the next time I plugged my iPod into my computer and fired up iTunes, it wiped my iPod clean. And won't let me add any music to it at all. So frustrating...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.