Sharing Printer between iMac and MacBook issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz MBP w/ 2GB of ram and 320 GB HD, 4GB iPhone, 60GB iPod
ive got an intel imac and macbook, and a HP Photosmart C3180 printer hooked up to my imac. ive searched and tried everything people have done, and cant seem to get my macbook to print.

printer sharing is on, drivers on the macbook, gone through the printer set up, the C3180 is listed as my default printer, etc. when im in word or whatever, i hit print, nothing comes out, i check the printer log and it says

unable to look up host "imac.local"- unknown host
connecting to imac.local on port 631....

any body done anything like this? ive read threads about people print through the iMacs that were connected to the printer... help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
i have that exact setup...but it works....ok so connect ur printer to ur airport and then set up a new printer on both computers, and select HP and then like Gimp beta v2 or w/e...it worked for me

OP
AnatomyOfARyan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz MBP w/ 2GB of ram and 320 GB HD, 4GB iPhone, 60GB iPod
appletalk set to active.. still no dice.

narf, what is gimp beta?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.