clean black macbook?

Reaction score
The top of my black macbook has a bunch of grease spots from my hands all over it.. has anyone found a good solution to clean it with?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0 GhZ, Black
There are probably some fancy shmancy cleaners out there, but to be honest, I just use a slightly damp paper towel. A few swipes, and my MacBook looks good as new. Also works on the keyboard and track pad. It does not, however, work on the screen. Makes it very streaky. For that I recommend using one of those micro-fiber cloths that I got with my glasses. Works like a charm.

OP
B
Reaction score
I have tried a damp paper towel.. but it doesn't work for all of the spots on the top. For the screen though, I wipe it down with a damp paper towel and use a micro-fiber hand towel to dry it. looks brand new.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone
My keys shine like the sun from use, from not even dirty hands. I've tried surface wipes but they still shine. But yeah, the damp paper towl seems to work fine on the rest of it.

tsw

Reaction score
I bought IKLEAR at my local Apple store. Its very hard to clean the screen, tons of pressure required to remove even small smudges. It works ok on the case but unless your careful it streaks. Simple damp, lightly damp cloth work well on the case.

Reaction score
Try using Arm-n-Hammer's Magic eraser. It works well, but do not use it on the track pad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MB CD 1.25Gb
i don't about you guys but i just put some alcohol on a rag and wipe everything away.

not on the screen though!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13' Black MacBook Core Duo 1.25 GB Ram 80GB HD
Use the Mr. Clean magic eraser. Follow these steps:

1. Get a moist soft cloth wipe down the compter.
2. Soak the Magic Eraser in water, ring it out so its only slightly damp.
3. Go over the case of the computer with in a back and forth motion. Avoid parts of the computer such as the tracpad and screen. The keyboard is ok to do just be VERY careful not to let any water drip.
4. Wipe everything down with a dry (micro fiber) cloth anything that wont harm or scratch the case should be fine.

I did this on my black mackbook and it looks brand new. The Mr. Clean Magic Eraser is amazing. I looked like the top of my case had scratches all over it but when I went through that process it was spotless, not a single scratch.

Reaction score
i clean my black macbook with baby wipes it works fine no residue or anything like that left on it....just wipe it down with a baby wipe and then dry it off with a bath towel i use it on my keyboard and mouse as well looks and feels new....just dont use it on the screen or webcam

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.