Anyone using Gallery 2? Install questions...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook white, 2.0 Intel Core 2 Duo Pro, 2 GB RAM, 13" screen
I'm trying to install Gallery 2, but it's like a 72 step installation process! Okay, maybe 12 steps and I keep getting stuck. I'm pretty limited in my skill set here, is this just over my head? I need a photo gallery/album to attach to a website. I would like to have at least several people be able to add picts so that I'm not doing it all myself. photobucket is a little too awkward IMO, I want something a little slicker...

Thanks,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I've used it in the past. Where are you getting stuck?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" Retina 5K iMac 3.2Ghz Quad 24GB RAM, 1TB HD. iPhone 11.
I've used it a few times in the past but I must admit I much prefer Coppermine.

What/where are you getting stuck?

OP
rcronin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My latest stuck spot is step 5, Database setup. I know nothing about this! I did try for a long time to do the multiple site setup and gave up, b/c I couldn't figure out how to enter the path name correctly. I have no prob abandoning this and using a different one...

I attached a screenshot of where I'm stuck. It looks like an FTP page to me, but it won't accept any version of the info that I have FTP'd with before.

I'll go look at Coppermine in the meantime. Any particular reason why you like it?

Thanks,

Picture 4.png

OP
rcronin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
just wondering if anyone else knows what I'm supposed to be doing...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok, yeah. With your web host you need to create a MySQL database. After you create it, that's what G2 is looking for, the name of the database, username and password to access it.

OP
rcronin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok, yeah. With your web host you need to create a MySQL database. After you create it, that's what G2 is looking for, the name of the database, username and password to access it.

Sounds sensible. Except I don't know how to do that. Should I just make up a folder and FTP it to the server? I use go daddy. I've seen links to MySQL should I just go look around there?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Its not something you just ftp up. There should be an option to create one in your control panel, assuming your hosting plan lets you have mysql databases, some don't.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.