Mac OSX Version Question?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook/13.3"/2.16GHz Intel C2D/1GB RAM/120GB HD/Ipod 20 Gig
I bought my iBook G4 used and was wondering...how do I find out what operating system (10.1, 9.0...etc) I am running.

What are the advantages to upgrading to a higher version?

Thanks,
nOOb Macman :blind:

pod

Reaction score
To find out the current OS, click on the apple icon top left and go to 'about this mac'.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks!

Version 10.4.8

How can I make my Mac faster?

It has 1.33 GHz and 768 MB DDR SDRAM

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i was thinking about doing a 1 gig ram upgrade. is that something i can put in myself? i just want it to be as fast as possible....of course I could take that money and put it towards a new MacbookPro...my girlfriend just got one and I am jealous.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
additional ram will only make your computer faster if you are currently running out of ram on an nextremely frequent basis. you can find this out by monitoring your 'activity monitor' found in your applications>utilities folder, or by using an application such as iStat which puts a program on your desktop that displays all vitals of your computer

-chris

pod

Reaction score
i was thinking about doing a 1 gig ram upgrade. is that something i can put in myself?

Yes. Unplug from the mains and remove the battery and any other devices (mouse etc). Undo the two small latches at the top of the keyboard (you may have to unlock the third central one with a small screwdriver). Lift the keyboard, flip it over and rest it on the trackerpad. Undo the 4 retaining screws on the RAM metal plate... touch a metal part to 'de-static' yourself prior to inserting your new RAM module... can sometimes be tricky... reverse the whole process. Voila!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.