Quartz Composer help

Reaction score
I'm a beginner when it comes to QC but i found .mov clip that i want to set as my background and i was told that quartz composer was the way to do it.

I have the .mov file and quartz composer downloaded and installed. Can anyone help me with the next step to getting that .mov file where i can set it as my background?

Thank you in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
THIS link will get you started on making moving (NOT .mov) backgrounds... It does not discuss the .mov as a background.

HERE is another great link.. but this specificly states .mov's will not work....

An alternative to doing this manually is QuartzDesktop.

In Visor (terminal add-on) I use Quartz Compositions that can be downloaded HERE <--- This is also a great site for additional info on Quartz Composer.

Let us know how it turns out.

Welcome to Mac-Forums quami16!!!!

OP
Q
Reaction score
Perfect!

I saw someone have it on their computer the other day and i've been searching for 2 days straight.

I installed the Quartzdesktop and it worked right away. Thanks so much.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
It's pretty slick! Show us what you do with it.

OP
Q
Reaction score
Whats the easiest way to post what it looks like?

I'm slowly realizing there's a lot more i can do with my mac than i originally thought.

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, quami16! Glad you're here with us.

You can do a screengrab then upload it as an attachment by using the Manage Attachments button below the reply box.

OP
Q
Reaction score
here's a still shot of it. It gives you the main idea but the background sweeps back and forth and rotates.

Picture 1.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
here's a still shot of it. It gives you the main idea but the background sweeps back and forth and rotates.

Ah.. I see you visited the Quartzcompositions site... I have that same composition for the back ground of Visor.

It's amazing the things you can do.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.