MSN & Adium crashing on launch.

Reaction score
This is such a strange and sudden issue. I've used both these clients before, for a lengthy amount of time (on this same machine) and they've worked fine.
I switched back to the official MSN for Mac (latest version) from Adium for a short while, I still had it in installed from when I used to use it before I started using Adium. I have been using it fine for the past 2 weeks or so, when suddenly when I went to open the app (msn) it crashed upon signing in, I can't get a screenshot of the error as I'm on a different machine at the moment but it's just the standard 'Send report, don't send' error screen.
At this point, I wasn't too bothered, I assumed it would just be solved by a restart, but nope it still carried on doing the same thing. Then I reinstalled the program to see if that would fix it, but no, still crashing on the log in.
I then just thought, oh screw this I'll go back to Adium. I started up Adium, signed in and it did the same thing! It crashed just like MSN did, except the error report was obviously different, the one with the flaming Adium bird.

I've done nothing whatsoever to any of the apps and I've just been using the Mac like I have done for the past 6 months and it seems so strange for this to be doing it now.

The Mac I'm using is a Macbook Core 2 Duo 1.83ghz 512 Ram. If you need any other info, just ask.

UPDATE: I posted this is over at Mac Rumors, but I only received one post trying to help, they suggesting something about moving the Info.plist file and then trying to launch. Which I did, and then got given all the first time-installation steps, but then when signing in it says I'm not connected to the net. Then when I reinstall, the Info.plist file is back where it was, I still get the problem mentioned in the beginning.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17
I had the same problem with my msn messenger..
It keeps crashing on launch, and I have no idea what's going on whatsoever
For the moment, I switch back to Adium before someone or msn comes out with the fix

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Are you using Safari 3 beta?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
I had this problem with Adium a while back; I switched to Microsofts MSN client, and encountered the same problem. After updating Adium a couple times to the latest version it now works every time. If it's an older version of Adium you're using an update might fix it, otherwise I don't know what to suggest.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.