• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

A Sad, Sad Day

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
That is REALLY sad... To me it speaks volumes about the current .... well nevermind, I don't want to get into it.

M

MacHeadCase

Oh my! When I was a teen, I used to read... no wait, I'd turn the city upside down to find the latest Marvel mags: a few stores would have them ahead of time. I would read avidly Fantastic Four, Thor, Captain America, Spiderman, Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk.

OP
ToddG
Reaction score
Sent my wife an email with subject "Horrible day" that just said: Captain America died today.

Her response back to me:

Well there is a new job for you :)

I love my wife.

M

MacHeadCase

That is such a cute response!
icon6.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
How sad, Captain America is gone :( I'm more of a Batman person.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I read Marvel also, Captain America, Sgt Fury Howling Commandos, Spiderman, Fantastic Four, Doctor Strange, Thor, Daredevil, and Ironman. I did read a little DC, just Batman.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I never really read Marvel or DC comics. I much preferred other comic companies (E.C., Harris, etc.) of the past and present. The DC and Marvel characters all seemed cookie cutter to me. That and they have all run for far too long.

The only Marvel comic I really enjoyed was Silver Sufer, and I am a little unsettled by the sudden interest in him with the new Fantastic Four movie coming out. The Marvel movies of late have been poor at best in my opinion. They are probably going to ruin the very 'character' of the Silver Surfer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
leopard macbook pro 17" | ipod touch
That is REALLY sad... To me it speaks volumes about the current .... well nevermind, I don't want to get into it.

heh that's what i was thinking too

OP
ToddG
Reaction score
T

todd51

Man, this does stink. I'm also thanking the big man upstairs that Batman isn't dead, he was my favorite as a kid. Had everything from Batman action figures to Batman underwear!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.