More RAM equals what exactly?

pod

Reaction score
I am thinking of adding more RAM to my G4 iBook... doubling the current 512MB to 1GB. Where exactly will I notice the advantages of the extra RAM? Using photoshop etc for complicated/labour intensive tasks only... or will it 'speed up' everything generally? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Pretty much everything will be quicker, photoshop, the web, etc...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone X, Watch 3, '18 MBP w/touchbar, '17 iPad Pro 10.5
I had a g4 ibook (still do, but the screen is broken, take a look at my pic on the left) anyway, I upgraded my ram to 1gb. Photoshop no longer lagged, it booted up rather qucikly, not as quick as my macbook, but the boot-up time was almost cut in half. C&C ran faster, safari moved quicker. The difference is hugely noticeable. Adding more ram is the best user level hardware upgrade you can do. You will definetly notice the difference!

OP
pod

pod

Reaction score
Thanks for your replies... I have just a conversation with a colleague... his reply: 'you prob. won't notice much difference... extra 'speed' will only come from a faster processor... defragmenting the HD is prob just as useful as adding more RAM'...

Your opinions please!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone X, Watch 3, '18 MBP w/touchbar, '17 iPad Pro 10.5
OP
pod

pod

Reaction score
That's ok jaster... I will take great delight in telling him he's wrong!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.