Need to re-install system software

Reaction score
I am new to Macs and have a MacBook. I have had a lot of trouble and have been told to make a backup - which I have done using SuperDuper and then wipe the disk and reinstall everything.
As a newbie to Macs, I do not know how to wipe (format??) the disk.
Any suggestions would be helpful.

Reaction score
Give us some details! What sort of trouble? Why have you been told to reformat and re-install? You don't usually need to do that, especially since working from a backup will probably just bring all of those troubles right back!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
I am new to Macs and have a MacBook. I have had a lot of trouble and have been told to make a backup - which I have done using SuperDuper and then wipe the disk and reinstall everything.
As a newbie to Macs, I do not know how to wipe (format??) the disk.
Any suggestions would be helpful.

When you bought your mac you should have gotten cd(s) with the computer.. those cd(s) will allow you to wipe everything and start fresh as if you just took it out of the box. It will restore everything to factory settings.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.