• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Another Perspective on Mac vs. PC....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
Just found this "article" and thought I'd share.

In case you're not familiar with him, his humour is of the "I hate everything" South Park style - so while, at times, I may not agree with him I find him quite funny all the same.

The following link has some quite strong language throughout so if you're sensitive to such things, please do not click through.

CLICK!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Maddox stopped being funny a long while ago. Now he's just bitter and struggles on each post to find a new way to be offensive.

While I don't find humor in his most recent post, I can see truth.

OP
moss918
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
I know what you mean, it always has been fairly immature humour anyhow - but I still find time for immature.

Reaction score
Personally i didn't really find any "humor" in his article either, unless you consider "trash talk" and the inability to say more than 3 words without trying to impress everyone with your filthy mouth funny. He makes a couple of good points that i happen to agree with, but the manner in which he makes them only speaks to me saying "I don't have the intelligence to make valid points without using filthy language."

And all you have to do is go to a pc forum and you quickly see that his opening statment about Mac owners is completely untrue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Wow! My only question is: Does he kiss his mother with that mouth???

Learn to articulate your thoughts and emotions friend.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I thought the crude attitude worked with the message to make it funny (kind of like being a hypocrit of his own post) but I guess that's just how the guy is. Still, there were some points that had me laughing.

Did Apple really put a guy who "can't find a power button" in a commercial to promote their product??

OP
moss918
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
Sorry about the language fellas, but I did warn you - I even put it in bold for ya!

I think the very last line with the page counter sums up the attitude of it -

"264,564 Mac fans switched back over to Windows, even though Windows is just as ******."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
That number is page views. It is going up.

OP
moss918
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
Yeah, that's what I meant :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
That's not another perspective. That's just some guy who doesn't like other people's opinions and thinks he's right about everything.

OP
moss918
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
Well I was thinking it was "another perspective" in that it isn't just PC's/Macs are better. It's supposed to be light-hearted...:black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67ghz, Macbook Intel Core Duo 1.86ghz
I think maddox is pretty funny and he's joking most of the time. I mean if you look at his argument, he says theres a forum on the net which helps deal with problems with macs (im sure theres 1000x more for windows) and he then lists some of the problems, such as a broken 's' key- hardly a good enough argument to sacrifice computing performance and usability by switching over to the flawed windows system. His second point speaks for itself. I think hes really just ranting at the adverts. I mean the video is pretty funny, aside from the obvious homophobia element.

Reaction score
I've got no issue with his views on Mac or PC or whatever. To me it's just another try hard blog without the wit, insight or intelligence to be even vaguely relevant or interesting. Being truly offensive yet incisive is a rare skill.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
Its about personal choice....Mac or Pc. There was no humour in there at all so I think he shut up or learn to be at least a bit funny.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GB RAM, 80GB Hard Drive, 80GB Video iPod (Black)
While some of the points are true and funny in places it is still a very pointless argument. I admit I am guilty of blagging about Macs, but that is usually because people ask me about them or they are telling me about how much their computer is annoying them so I offer an alternative. The main excuse they come up with is price, which is not true, which I explain but people seem to want to ignore that fact and preventing themselves on trying something different, whether it be Linux or Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.