AGP Graphics Card - MacBook

MD.

Reaction score
I've been running around like crazy trying to get Final Cut Express 2.0 on my MacBook here, I've FINALLY set up everything - ready to get going on this project I've been NEEDING to start and as I click on the installed Final Cut it says that "Configuration Error This software requires certain hardware or software which is missing. • AGP graphics card.

I also have a iBook G4 here (with no space to work this project on) and I didn't have any problems making the Final Cut work on that ...

Did I do something wrong while installing the darn thing? Does this MacBook not have what's needed to run Final Cut Express 2.0 !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Confused and Frustrated

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
FCE 2.0 is not compatible with Intel-based Macs. It is an older version of the software that won't work on the new hardware.
You would have to upgrade to FCE HD 3.5.1

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz MBP w/ 2GB of ram and 320 GB HD, 4GB iPhone, 60GB iPod
i was curious about this too... i tried putting FC on my imac and it asked about the AGP card. is this an actual graphics card or is it simply not compatible with intel? would FC work on any PPC mac, assuming it met the minimum specs, or are you gonna run into this graphics card issue again?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
From Apple's Site:

Apple.com said:
A Universal Application

Now Universal, Final Cut Express HD 3.5, LiveType 2, and Soundtrack 1.5 all run natively on both PowerPC-based and Intel-based Macintosh computers.
Learn more

The PPC version 2.0 mentioned by the OP will run on any PPC machine (meeting min. req. as you mentioned)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.