When When When

Reaction score
I plan on buying a MacBook. If I buy one next week, and Leopard comes out next month, will Apple upgrade for free? How has Apple handled this in the past? Starting in Nov or so last year, people purchasing a new windows PC/laptop had a "upgrade coupon" that was cheaper than the standard upgrade. Does Apple do this?

Reaction score
I plan on buying a MacBook. If I buy one next week, and Leopard comes out next month, will Apple upgrade for free?

I asked Apple Sales Chat this a few days ago and they told me, they don't know anything about the free upgrade policy until Leopard is actually released.

I am in the same boat as you are about ordering.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
For instance, Apple reportedly warns developers of frequent crashes when playing QuickTime movies in Safari, systems panics on PowerBook G4s waking from sleep mode, and graphic corruption within Time Machine's snapshot browser.

Serious issues also remain with audio playback in HD movies, hanging webpages in Safari, adding shared folders, disabling Bluetooth sharing, screen sharing, system backups, iCal data migration, photo snapshots during set up, and dragging files from network volumes and disk images to their local machine.

Hardly the major problems Apple Insider is making out. There's always going to be problems along the way and they sound like last minute bits and bobs to iron out in my opinion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I asked Apple Sales Chat this a few days ago and they told me, they don't know anything about the free upgrade policy until Leopard is actually released.

I am in the same boat as you are about ordering.

The unwritten rule is a free upgrade to the newer OS if the purchase was made within 2 weeks of the OS being released.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.