MIT looking for volunteers for a game

M

MacHeadCase

Hi ya folks! Just saw this at MacInTouch:

The MIT Media Lab needs volunteers for a research project that requires the participation of thousands of game players:

This game runs on OSX, and we are running our servers on OSX too.
The Restaurant Game is a research project at the MIT Media Lab that will algorithmically combine the gameplay experiences of thousands of players to create a new game. In a few months, we will apply machine learning algorithms to data collected through the multiplayer Restaurant Game, and produce a new single-player game that we will enter into the 2008 Independent Games Festival. Everyone who plays The Restaurant Game will be credited as a Game Designer.

So if you have the time, check it out. Click on the links for more info. :girl:

Reaction score
Downloaded it. It crashed four times ... the best I could get was into the "chat" part of the tutorial.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 Imac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD
Crashed in the tutorial twice so far for me.

OP
M

MacHeadCase

Aww sorry guys.

Maybe you can email the head honcho there?

Please email me at jorkin AT mediaDOTmitDOTedu with questions or technical problems, or post comments to the Game/AI blog.

Oops!... I shoulda posted this in the first post! Just saw this on the troubleshooting page. Very sorry again guys!

Unfortunately, the Restaurant Game will not run on Intel Macs in OSX.

:(

Reaction score
downloaded my copy, :p, looks good.

Edit: wow crash much? lol

OP
M

MacHeadCase

Yeah guys beware those of you running Intel-based Macs: it won't work on them. From the troubleshooting page:

Unfortunately, the Restaurant Game will not run on Intel Macs in OSX.

Which is a bummer... :blind:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.