EyeTV - Lip Sync

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone
I'm not sure if anyone can help with this...but when watching analog cable on eyeTV on progressive scan, the audio is just barely out of sync with the video, but on rare occasions it's fine. The weird thing is my CPU usage is around 70-80% idle during this and when I watch HD there's absolutely no problem with the lip sync. Is this just a flaw in the software? I don't get how it can have more trouble with the analog signal...

Reaction score
G'day Fromast Flex,

This problem you have, isn't enough to really bug you is it? Are you just curious and can live with it? Or do you really need to fix things.

The only reason I ask is eyeTV is so hard to troubleshoot. I have had so much hassle trying to get help I just so appreciate when the software/hardware is running smoothly.

OP
Fromasta Flex
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone
I'm just sort of curious, it's just one of those things I wish wouldn't happen but does, but I can live with it. At least everything I record is in HD. It's just puzzling.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Well the analog needs to be converted to a digital image by your computer - which is a lot more processor intensive than playing back a digital video stream.

I'd try turning off any picture optimization you have on.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.