Does Ubuntu work on Intel macs??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13' Black MacBook Core Duo 1.25 GB Ram 80GB HD
Does the newest release of Ubuntu work on Intel macs and can i install it in parallels?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Yes and yes.

There's really no difference in hardware between a Mac and PC anymore, so any operating system that can run on a PC can run on a Mac :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Yes... to both... You can install it through Parallels as I do, or in BootCamp. Note though that because Parallels doesn't (YET) support the video card... Beryl will not work within parallels.

OP
AnthonyJK
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Cool thanks guys, two more questions though. Which verson do i download the one for macs for powerpcs? And what are the advantages to having OSX along with ubuntu does it serve a purpose just curious as to what advantages Ubuntu has over OS X if any?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
If it's an Intel Mac, why would you download the PowerPC version? :bomb:

You just download the normal Intel/386 version. As for having them side by side, the only real purpose I can see for having Linux next to OS X is if you do developmental work and need to see if your programs work cross-platform. This is also a reason why many people have Windows XP running via Parallels.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
As Kash already said, testing of cross-platform apps. is a one good reason to have Linux next to OS X. If you are not in to that, OS X offers enough Linux feel, when you open the Terminal. I have installed some Linux apps via Fink and they work great. You can also install KDE or GNOME if you like a different GUI, inside OS X.

OP
AnthonyJK
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, Because it was the only one that said mac :\ lol

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.