What is model for Superdrive ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook - 2.2GHz, 4GB RAM
Id like to purchase a superdrive (dvd writer) for my G4 12" Ibook, looking on ebay but hesitant to buy one before I verify it will work. What is the correct model number? Thanks

OP
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I found a few different ones on ebay, can someone please confirm that these will fit my IBook and what the difference is in the 2?

UJ-825-C
UJ-845-C

OP
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks for the link. Are these aftermarket or oem Apple parts? And lastly, how hard is it to install a dvd rom in a laptop? Iv done many part switches (memory, hard drive, cd rom, etc) in desktops before but never had a laptop before... is it basically the same... just a power and motherboard cable?

OP
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
wow, thanks!! you guys rock

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lime Green iMac G3 64mb ram, 20gb hdd, 400mhz G3 processor
If you are concerned about compatibility, your best bet may be to purchase an internal burner for a desktop. Then you can place it into and enclosure and attach it to your USB port. It should be much cheaper but you wouldn't be able to burn on the road then.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.