Invisible Shield

Reaction score
Anyone have one of these on their Macbook. I had one on my Core Duo and did an excellent job on applying the top. I recently was upgraded to a Core 2 Duo due to numerous issues with the Core Duo, and did not do such a good job applying the shield. What do ya'll think of the product? I think it is good if you do a great job of applying it. Otherwise it takes away from the look of the Macbook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook (refurb), 1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo, 2 GB Memory, 60GB HDD
I ordered it last week. Will let you know when I've applied it. I'm worried that even if I do apply it properly, it will look a bit too plasticy... We'll see.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, Intel Core 2 Duo
it wont look too plasticy, I have it on my white macbook and what I love about it is that it still retains its shiny appearance. Thats why if you are applying it on a black macbook you will loose the mat finish appearance(if thats what u like).
As to applying it, you realy have to do it in a well lit room and dont wear any dark colored clothing.

The good light will help you see if you are creating any air bubbles(which if very small dont fuss about them as in days as the plastic dries they will go away)
The dark clothes will shed lint and if your mac is white you dont want black lint under the plastic, it will realy stick out(I know I was wearing a black sweater at the time, it took me forever to remove the shield and clean the lint off and do it all over again)

hope this helps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook (refurb), 1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo, 2 GB Memory, 60GB HDD
That's some great tips there Mactime. I don't suppose you know of any videos online that show how to apply it do you? I've tried looking but can't find one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.