Mouse and right click

Reaction score
I am considering buying the 24" imac when leopard comes out. I plan to install windows so I can use my windows programs as well but I am concerned with the mouse. The mighty mouse seems to be important to mac programs but I need the right click for windows programs. What is the best way to go? Can I have both the mighty mouse and the windows mouse connected?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
Yea I think by Default the Mighty Mouse enables Right Click on Windows on both Parallels and Boot Camp.

I have Right Click Enabled on OSX it makes it fairly handy instead of using Keyboard Shortcuts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
The mighty mouse has 5 buttons!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Cor 2 Duo 2G Ram/ 80GB HD White with SuperDrive
I just use a standard wierless 2 button mouse with my MacBook. It gives me the option to right click with no problems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
The mighty mouse has 5 buttons!

It only really has 4. The side buttons equal one button, normal click, right click, and ball click.

Reaction score
The mighty mouse seems to be important to mac programs

It's not. A lot of users buy Microsoft, Logitech or other mice. (A lot of people hate them Apple meeces to pieces, even...)

You can use pretty much any mouse you want. Some people don't like the Logitech control centre, claiming it causes problems, but I've never had any with it. Others use alternatives such as SteerMouse (http://plentycom.jp/en/steermouse/), which allows you to customise your mouse almost infinitely.

If you use the Mighty Mouse and want to right-click, I understand it's important to actually raise you finger from the left mouse button when you do so, as the MM has two switches beneath one button.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook, 2.0ghz C2D, 120gb hdd, 1gb RAM
i have a gigaware optical wired mouse, it's great..........it glows pretty colors.............like blue. It is a really cool mouse, i got it for like $13 on sale at radioshack. I have mad electronic store shopping skillz. I was also told by many that they didn't like Apple brand mice, might just be a taste thing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.