BOOT CAMP: Cannot Partition because verification failed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16ghz Core Duo | 1GB RAM | 100 GB HDD | 256MB ATI RADEON x1600
I was recently trying to partition my disk, but boot camp says that i cannot partition because veirfication has failed, i have tried to repair disk permissions using disk utility, but it still doesnt solve the problem. Please help me, I NEED Windows in order to run specific software not available on OS X.

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
I was recently trying to partition my disk, but boot camp says that i cannot partition because veirfication has failed, i have tried to repair disk permissions using disk utility, but it still doesnt solve the problem. Please help me, I NEED Windows in order to run specific software not available on OS X.

Repair Permissions doesn't help you need the Repair Disk option.

You cannot repair the disk you are booted from so what you need to do is boot from an external disk ten repair the internal one, can you beg steal or borrow an external firewire disk from someone?

Amen-Moses

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
Reboot the machine with your installation disk in the drive, and hold down C when you hear the chime. When the installation starts, just select DiskUtility off the Tools menu and use the 'Repair' option to fix the drive (not just permissions, the whole file system).

You should be good to go after that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reboot the machine with your installation disk in the drive, and hold down C when you hear the chime. When the installation starts, just select DiskUtility off the Tools menu and use the 'Repair' option to fix the drive (not just permissions, the whole file system).

But backup your data first!

Amen-Moses

OP
Ninjab3ar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16ghz Core Duo | 1GB RAM | 100 GB HDD | 256MB ATI RADEON x1600

Thanks! i got it working now!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook C2D 1gb ram 120gb
does this wipe the drive? im having the same problem but i dont have anything to back up all my old stuff too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
does this wipe the drive? im having the same problem but i dont have anything to back up all my old stuff too.

It shouldn't do but it is always best to prepare for the worst.

Can't you back up just the essentials to a few DVDs or CDRoms?

Amen-Moses

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yea i should back up the important stuff anyway. would i be able to copy an app's folder/icon into my ipod and be able to run it from there, or drag it back to the applications folder if worst comes to worst and i lose everything?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yea i should back up the important stuff anyway. would i be able to copy an app's folder/icon into my ipod and be able to run it from there, or drag it back to the applications folder if worst comes to worst and i lose everything?

I wouldn't recommend running it from the iPod but you can certainly drag it over an drag it back again afterwards.

Be aware though that you should really reinstall any large apps from the original discs as they often put helper files and libraries into the system area which you will need to run them.

In future if you download disk images and install them put them in a folder somewhere then when the folder is around 600Mb burn it to CDRom and delete them from the HD. That way if you need to reinstall them for any reason you will have them on CD which is a lot quicker than re-downloading them.

Amen-Moses

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok :) i just wanted to see if it was possible before risking it.

thanks alot for your help :)

Reaction score
just wanted to let you know that the tip about re-booting and using disc utilities worked for me as well, so thanks for that!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D, 2 Gig.

I have the same trouble. i tried this solution and i still get the Verification failed.

note:it was running fine until i decided to delete the xp partition, turned it into single volume (Mac) then i run bootcamp (supports vista) then when i get to the partition part, there is were i get the verification failed.

What else could be the problem?

Reaction score
i'm gonna try this tonight however i can not remember about the disks i have that go with my MacBook Pro....

is the disc you guys are talking about the OS X disc or the disc utilities one that is white with the red trim around the edge. Please say the later because i don't know where my OS X disc is....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.