How do you (re)mount the DVD drive?

Reaction score
I'm working on a Power Mac G4 and trying to install the game "The Movies". I kept on receiving error messages towards the end of the installation.

I right clicked the icon on the desktop and changed the ownership properties. When the disc now loads, it doesn't show up on the desktop.

Is there an issue with the disc or with the computer? I've tried searching for everything online but nothing is coming up. I don't really know what I should be asking for when I search.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
What's the error message?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
see if your system meets the requirements

OP
S
Reaction score
The first error message was that the program folder couldn't be created. The second message stated I didn't have sufficient access privileges, even though I'm the administrator (and only user).

And as mentioned before, the disc icon no longer appears. I just came back from the Apple Store and they had difficulty installing the program as well. They gave me another copy that has the same problem (DVD isn't mounted). Other programs run well off the Super Drive so I'm not sure why I can't mount this DVD game.

The game company's website only has a basic FAQ and no patches available.

Whatever I found on the Apple website didn't help (i.e. zapping PRAM/NRAM, hitting certain buttons , etc.)

FYI: my computer exceeds all requirements, with the exception of the VRAM (I have the minimum requirement).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.