Hard Drive Question!

V

volcomdude121

Hey ,

Very soon i am buying a mac power book. I have decided to go with the 15 inch 1.25 ghz. power book. I am very new with the mac and i was wondering if i would have to upgraed from an 80 gig 4200 rpm hard drive to a 80 gig 5400 rpm drive if i was seriuse with doing editing with final cut pro 4. Is the upgrade woth the $125 cost?

Please let me know! :confused:

OP
T

TylerMoney

Umm...it would be a nice feature to have....but I'm pretty sure you could get away w/o spending the extra money...but if you have it...$125 ain't that much....so...really....it's up to you...it would be faster....but you could still do your work on the 4200...and I honestly don't know how much of a difference you'll see....plus...I haven't really done much editing...so..yeah

OP
C

Chamorro

volcomdude121 said:
Hey ,

Very soon i am buying a mac power book. I have decided to go with the 15 inch 1.25 ghz. power book. I am very new with the mac and i was wondering if i would have to upgraed from an 80 gig 4200 rpm hard drive to a 80 gig 5400 rpm drive if i was seriuse with doing editing with final cut pro 4. Is the upgrade woth the $125 cost?

Please let me know! :confused:

If it was my money, I'd look into 7200rpm over 5400.
One other thing to think about is the disk cache: larger is better

OP
V

volcomdude121

Thank you but i can not afford buying a 7200 rpm drive. But later i will be geting a firewire 800 drive (that will be 7200) But im still wondering that the 4200 will be fst enoughe to capture onto?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.