Need advice!

Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm very new to mac and computers in general. I'd like to ask how I best keep the MacBook in tip top health?

Where is the best place to get some downloads for mac and which ones are you guys running?

Cheers in advance.

Reaction score
G'day oscar & welcome to Mac-Forums.

I would recommend you check out the Switchers Hangout. Although you are new to computers you'll find a plethora of stuff that'll be sure to answer your questions about keeping your MacBook running at its best and also what apps to check out! It's really a great section to go to for first timers.

Just spend a little time persusing the threads there and make a note of things that interest you.

Please post back with anything you don't fully understand and someone here will help you further.

Enjoy your new Mac!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
yea...and in addition a great app for system maintnence is Onyx...and MainMenu works too...
dont forget to regularly empty ur cache and reboot! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
You can empty the cache and do basic cleaning / maintenance with Mainmenu or onyx. I use Mainmenu and would recommend it. Plus they're both free so try them and see what you like best...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.