EarthDesk or OSXPlanet

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Cor 2 Duo 2G Ram/ 80GB HD White with SuperDrive
I have been looking at both of these cool desktop enhancers on the OSX download page. I was wondering if anybody has used them and which is better?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I have OSXplanet quite awhile ago... From what I remember is was a RAM hog... and I was never able to get it to "update" the Time/Weather/Sat. locations, etc. on a regular basis.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
I have been looking at both of these cool desktop enhancers on the OSX download page. I was wondering if anybody has used them and which is better?

osx is free.. Start there and see how you like it.. if its not what you are looking for go with earthdesk.. I use osx and it seems to work decent for me.. but just by looking at earthdesk it looks as it may be worth the $20.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Cor 2 Duo 2G Ram/ 80GB HD White with SuperDrive
Thanks. I am trying out OSXPlanet now since its free. I have 2 GB of Ram and its seems to run fine right now with several apps open includint Parralles running WinXP.
I think it looks pretty cool and I like how it updates itself when your connected to the web.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Im on a PPC computer so I can't speak much for Intel based on how well it works, but I started with Earthdesk and I really liked it, then I found out about OSXPlanet and tried it out and that's what I use now. I really like the way it renders and having earthquake data available and whatever cities I want to be tagged on the map.. It's really really smooth. I won't be going back to EarthDesk even though I had paid for it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.