Quark 7.0 Question Regarding the Layers Palette

Reaction score
Has anybody else run into this problem?:

Quark 7's layers palette consistently runs as all buttons and options disabled. It will only recognize the default layer and will discard all other layers.

I have not yet found a way to fix this or even found any threads anywhere discussing this major flaw in the software. Does anybody know what the heck is going on?

System Info: Running Quark 7.1 on OS 10.4.8 on a MacPro 2x2.66Dhz Dual Core Intel Xeon with 2 GB of RAM.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
I've never come across that problem.

Maybe try reinstalling? Did it not work properly with versions 7.01 and 7.02?

OP
T
Reaction score
My company go the software only recently. We've been using it for like a month now. Almost all my experience with it has been with 7.1. I know it functioned fine in 6.5.

Interesting side note, from tinkering with it some more, I found out that if I have this one file open (which was definitely created in v 7.1) and I start new files, the layers palette stays locked. If I close that file and start a new file, it becomes active again.

Not sure what is going on, but it must be related to this one file. I guess I'll have to try to find a way to rebuild it.

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, TEdelmanG7! I hope you like it here.

I just got myself QuarkXPress Passport 7 but haven't had time to tinker much with it. Sorry I can't help for now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.