External Hard Drive Ownership And Permissions???

J

jefflombardo

I have a BIG problem. Due to the fact that everyone I know uses a PC and not mac, I cannot ask anyone about this problem, so I have brought my problem to mac-forums in hopes for an answer to it.

I have all of my work on a 70 gig hard drive, which at one point had was both read/write. I don't know what happen but now it is read only, and I can't make changes to any of my work. I have tried "get info" but it doesnt give me an option to change. It's strictly read only. It's also not indexed if that matters? But this is a problem that I need fixed like yesterday. What can I do? Thanks in advance!

OP
C

Chamorro

jefflombardo said:
I have a BIG problem. Due to the fact that everyone I know uses a PC and not mac, I cannot ask anyone about this problem, so I have brought my problem to mac-forums in hopes for an answer to it.

I have all of my work on a 70 gig hard drive, which at one point had was both read/write. I don't know what happen but now it is read only, and I can't make changes to any of my work. I have tried "get info" but it doesnt give me an option to change. It's strictly read only. It's also not indexed if that matters? But this is a problem that I need fixed like yesterday. What can I do? Thanks in advance!

Indexing doesn't matter for now. Did you click the "flippy" next to Details in the Get Info box? What about the padlock (you'll need an admin password). Try those first.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.