help! iMac will not power on...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16GB iPhone, 17" iMac, 13" MacBook & 17" MacBook Pro
so, I go out of town on Friday. I shut down my iMac G5 as usual. get back today and it will not power on. I've unplugged it from the surge protector to try a different outlet. restarted the surge protector. everything I can think of. please help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Not sure whether it would work, but try to press and hold shutdown button for 10sec. And then try to restart as usual.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G3 iMac 400Mhz, 512Mb RAM,10GB HDD
I remember reading about resetting the PRAM or something like that? Maybe that cool admin shewbbie(think I have that right) could tell ya!

Reaction score
so, I go out of town on Friday. I shut down my iMac G5 as usual. get back today and it will not power on. I've unplugged it from the surge protector to try a different outlet. restarted the surge protector. everything I can think of. please help!

If your machine is one of the first generation iMac G5's, you may have a power supply problem that Apple will fix at no charge. I had the same problem on mine. took it to Applke store, they replaced power supply and I had the machine back next day. No problems since. YOur machine must fall under certain serial number parameters, but if it's an older machine you should check it out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.