Macbook Plugged IN

Reaction score
Will it affect my macbook in any way if i leave it plugged in 24/7 without the battery?
and is there a risk of fire?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
No risk, that's exactly what CompUSA does with theirs (if you know what that store is, IDK if your from the US). I can tell you want to conserver your battery's life, only problem is what happens when your working on something important and your power cable accidentally pops out? There goes that!

OP
T
Reaction score
hmmm

so it wont make a proccessor defect and possibly reduce the life of the lapotop
? because i will be using it like a desktop... like having it always plugged in.... and in addition, where is a good place to store the battery?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Leaving it plugged in will only reduce the life of the battery, nothing else.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
Leaving it plugged in will only reduce the life of the battery, nothing else.

See but he wants to leave it plugged in without the battery. I still say it won't hurt the laptop, but I think if you're going to keep it on a desk, you should make something that will keep the plug from coming out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Yeah, it should work fine that way, but you'll have to find something to place where the battery was, because it wont sit evenly anymore, and I'd do something to make sure the plug doesn't get pulled out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.