• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Cookie the betta fish!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Hey guys!! I went down to Petco today and got Cookie some new decorations for his house. Take a look! Anyone else have a betta fish?? I don't know much about them but I've been looking online. :) So far Twinky, my cat, has not gotten jealous :D She hasn't even noticed him!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
i have a betta fish also, can't remember its name though (mental mind block, and its my moms). There so funny when you put a mirror in front of them. If you put 2 males in one bowl, apperently they fight to the death ( ihave never actually seem this, but it would be neat to see)

Edit: holy rapid reply!

OP
Netty4mac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
lol ToddG! :) Twinky doesn't eat real live fish.

Kman, I tried that! It's so funny, his cheek area got puffy :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I'm waiting to get a fish til they are out of beta status.

oh sorry i couldn't help myself with a geeky computer forum related joke.

OP
Netty4mac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

lol:dive:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x

haha, that was good,,, i had to read it twice to get it :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
I have a beta named bulbasaur, and he rocks.

by the way, dont feed him based upon the reccomendations on the food bottle. alteast i cant. it says like 7-8 pellets 2 to 3 times a day but the pet store told me like 2-3 pellets every 1-2 days is actually how much to feed them.

OP
Netty4mac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
haha, I don't think Cookie likes his plant. I just went to check on him and he was flaring up at the plant! :) His "cheeks" were all puffy..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
My wife & I have 3 beta's. Two males, one named Wilbur, and one named Speed Racer, and one female; Charlotte. In the tank with the female we have 3 peal danio's, and 1 striped danio. The pearl danio's are named Slim (the fat one), Chester (like the Cheeto's cheetah), and SpongeBob. Chester & SpongeBob are yellow... SpongeBog has exactly horizontal stripes on his belly fin, Chester has ones that are parallel to his body. We also have a zebra danio named stripes. In that tank we also have a Pimelodella Angelicus Catfish that is about 8" long.

OP
Netty4mac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nuke, do your betta males get along with the other fish?? I want to buy a betta female or some type of other fish to keep mine company but I'm afraid they won't get along.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
Actually the problem is the opposite - the danios were eating my male beta's tail... so the male is in a seperate bowl, as is the other male.

Reaction score
High Wycombe, Just outside London, England
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 2Gb RAM Early 2006, 30Gb iPod 5th Gen. 15" MacBookPro, 2.33GHz
Hi all, being a serious fish keeper such as I am I can whole heartedly recommend the follwing site if you want to find out more about how to keep your Betta's (and other fish) as best you can.

www.fishcrazy.co.uk

Regards

Cheese

OP
Netty4mac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the website, Say Cheese! :) I'll look into it.

Reaction score
Betta fish are cool! We used to have an Axolotl (Mexican Walking Fish) ... they're illegal to keep here in Tassie, though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.