ibook LCD colors different than windows pcs

Reaction score
So on my 14" G4, i've been doing some designs and i will go over to another computer just so happens to be a windows machine and the say the design on my computer is light green on the windows computer its NEON GREEN, im also running dual monitors so on my monitor its lime green on my LCD its light green .... i've messed with color profiles but i just cant figure out what the deal is please help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 CD Macbook, 1GB; 2.16 C2D iMac 20", 2GB
Windows PC's use 2.2 Gamma

Macs use 1.8 Gamma

Just calibrate the Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
It has everything to do with the gamma and the calibration of the monitor.
NovaRealta is correct.
You will have to calibrate both of the displays, as well as setting a color profile.
Also, even with calibration, it is just a fact that two different monitors are not always going to display colors in the exact same way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Yeah, I have my Macbook's display as well as my external Samsung display and the colour's are noticeably different.

OS X actually embeds colour profiles to photos as well, so it tries to compensate for different monitors, which Windows doesn't do.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.