the ibook i bought off of ebay yesterday is loaded with 10.3.9, is there any need....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook, 2.0ghz C2D, 120gb hdd, 1gb RAM
to upgrade to 10.4? I dont have the money to buy the OS but i know a few people who would let me borrow the discs to install. is it needed?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
i wouldnt really say its needed....especially because leopard is about to come out...im pretty sure can handle having 10.3.9 for a few months, right?

OP
ibookclamman300
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yeah im not too needy. :)

Reaction score
I also am currently using 10.3.9. I have decided to wait for Leopard to come out. No sense paying for Tiger with Leopard coming out so soon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air, 20" iMac 2.17 Ghz 1GB
Save money for Ram, cuz with either Tiger or Leopard you will need to boost your G3 to its Max. 10.3.9 will run fine with what you have unless you get too app crazy and try to run too much at once. Tiger is a memory hungry beast and I imagine Leopard will be as well. Even with 1 Gig in my new iMac, I get lots of page outs. My PB with 1.5GB on the other hand never has any, so I am guessing Tiger works best somewhere right above 1GB with what I do. I need to upgrade the new iMac to 2GB shortly. I think yours runs PC100/133 ram (if it is the one in your profile ibook g3-900) and only has one slot, with another 128MB onboard, but you might want to 2Xcheck.

OP
ibookclamman300
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i have money for ram, i'm going to max it out, ;). Oh and i was refering to the g4 in "my mac specs" not the g3. I'm very happy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
dont forget that borrowing and installing os x 10.4 from a friend would be illegal

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G3 iMac 400Mhz, 512Mb RAM,10GB HDD
dont forget that borrowing and installing os x 10.4 from a friend would be illegal

Does that mean the copy of Panther that came on my Mac is illegal also? I wasn't given the restore cd. :eek:neye:

OP
ibookclamman300
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dude people dont want to hear a commecial everytime OS is spoken about, chill. this isn't the site to worry about that, k?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4; 1.07 GHz; 512 MB; Radeon 9200; 40 GB HDD
Excuse me? What commerical?

x3

It is illegal -- but again how many of us have d/l music torrents, programs, borrowed from friends, etc.? If you want tiger you can go download a torrent, there are plenty of copies of it out on the Internet.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Does that mean the copy of Panther that came on my Mac is illegal also? I wasn't given the restore cd. :eek:neye:

I would say the person that keep the media has the illegal copy.

Reaction score
Is the Leopard 'beta' I see on torrent sites a fraud or is it a pre-release that wasn't for the public? Will the final version be much different or will you be able to 'update' from the beta?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Well, the leopard torrent is an illegal copy of the beta version, which contains bugs and not all the feaures of a full finished version of leopard. Its designed for developers, so they can help sniff out the bugs.

Did I also meantion its an Illegal copy?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
I'd update to Tiger no hesitation. It's great!

OP
ibookclamman300
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Excuse me? What commerical?

I am pretty sure that this guy sent me negative feedback for no reason. Because i expressed that maybe people just want to go on a forum to have fun, get help with bugs, or just chill, maybe we don't want to hear about how this is illeagal or that is. Can't we just post without the public service announcement, ok it's wrong but why do we have to be reminded of it every waking hour?

M

MacHeadCase

I am pretty sure that this guy sent me negative feedback for no reason. Because i expressed that maybe people just want to go on a forum to have fun, get help with bugs, or just chill, maybe we don't want to hear about how this is illeagal or that is. Can't we just post without the public service announcement, ok it's wrong but why do we have to be reminded of it every waking hour?

How about because people post about it even if it is wrong, they know about it and go ahead with it anyway?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G3 iMac 400Mhz, 512Mb RAM,10GB HDD
First off, let me make this clear... I was kidding around, being sarcastic with a sense of humor... Secondly, where did I leave you negative feedback? I know I left you positive rep points the one day, that's about it... Thirdly, "every waking hour?" I'd hope I didn't make this joke every hour your conscious... Maybe you just re-read what I wrote a lot? Lastly, I'm not "this guy" My name is Josh if you wish, or IceCreamMan if you prefer to be less formal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
maybe we don't want to hear about how this is illeagal or that is. Can't we just post without the public service announcement, ok it's wrong but why do we have to be reminded of it every waking hour?
That is because such discussion is strictly prohibited on these forums.

Forum Rules said:
Illegal Activity: Mac-Forums.com recognizes that this is an international community and as such it is your responsibility to determine what is legal in your jurisdiction with regard to any topic discussed here.

However, in general, we choose to follow United States law in regard to what is permissible to be discussed here. Therefore discussion of illegal file sharing, cracked programs, requests for serial numbers, and any other breaches of copyright or other illegal activity are not allowed in these forums
And no, neither I nor anyone else should have to remind you or any other member to read the Forum Rules, but we do. There is no excuse for not reading and abiding by the few, simple rules which this forum has put into place.

M

MacHeadCase

That is because such discussion is strictly prohibited on these forums.

And no, neither I nor anyone else should have to remind you or any other member to read the Forum Rules, but we do. There is no excuse for not reading and abiding by the few, simple rules which this forum has put into place.

Thank you DB!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.