• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Mac market share over 6%

M

MacHeadCase

According to the latest available data (February 2007), the Macintosh has made some market share gains according to this Ars Technica article, Mac market share over 6 percent in February, says new data:

...New data from Market Share/NetApplications says that Macs held about 6.38 percent of the total operating system market in February of 2007. That number comes from the combination of Market Share's numbers for non-Intel-based Macs with Intel Macs, which stand on their own at 4.29 percent and 2.09 percent respectively. This marks a 0.26 percent rise over the month from January of 2007. ...

It's important to keep in mind that Market Share/NetApplications compiles this data based off of Internet traffic usage from its network partners, which consists of over 40,000 different URLs. Parsed out into operating systems, the browser data gives an idea of how many Mac users there are—but this is probably more indicative of Mac users on the Internet than Mac users overall.

That said, just as MacDailyNews points out, the numbers themselves aren't quite as important as the trends that they reflect. Apple may not actually hold 6.38 percent of the market (possibly more, possibly less), but a 2.05 percent increase over a six month period is nothing to sneeze at. ...

Bravo Apple! :girl:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Oh noes!
Now all the hAx0rz are going to target OS X with viruseseses.
If the marketshare grows it is gonna be just like Microsoft!

:p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Oh noes!
Now all the hAx0rz are going to target OS X with viruseseses.
If the marketshare grows it is gonna be just like Microsoft!

:p

hahaha :bomb:

Reaction score
but a 2.05 percent increase over a six month period is nothing to sneeze at.

Someone doesn't know his math (and I know it's not you, MHC).

From 4.33 to 6.38 over six months is an increase of 47% which is incredible. At that rate, in three and a half years, Apple will have 100% of the market! Yay!

Don't tell me I'm wrong, I can't hear you .. :headphone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
Someone doesn't know his math (and I know it's not you, MHC).

From 4.33 to 6.38 over six months is an increase of 47% which is incredible. At that rate, in three and a half years, Apple will have 100% of the market! Yay!

Don't tell me I'm wrong, I can't hear you .. :headphone

Not to mention that 2% of tens of millions of something is quite a lot.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.