Sending photos from camera phone to mac via bluetooth

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16Ghz Intel iMac 20"
How do I send photos from a bluetooth enabled phone to a bluetooth mac? I went through all the steps to sync it, but it asks for login information to connect to the internet. I don't need to connect to the internet to DL photos from my phone to my computer, do I?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
Make sure your mac is set to be discoverable, and from the phone simply select the photo, send via bluetooth, and pick the name of your mac when it comes up. You don't need to pair them, sync them or configure them in any particular way, just accept the file when it pops up.

If you do choose to pair them, though, you can do all kinds of things like send SMS straight from Address Book and sync contacts and calendar using iSync.

OP
2dmention
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16Ghz Intel iMac 20"
Cant seem to get it to work. It doesn't detect anything. Do I have to type in the name that represents my computer name under bluetooth preferences settings? If that's the case, I can't enter an apostrophe. You'd think it would be simpler.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
I have a Motorola RAZR, and once I paired the MacBook with the phone, all I had to was connect to the phone from the MacBook and pull the photos down.

Once you're connected on your Mac, click on the little Bluetooth logo on the menu bar and select "Browse Device." You should be able to get your photos that way.

I never tried pushing the photos from the phone-- I always pull them from the phone to the Mac.

OP
2dmention
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16Ghz Intel iMac 20"
I have a Motorola RAZR, and once I paired the MacBook with the phone, all I had to was connect to the phone from the MacBook and pull the photos down.

Once you're connected on your Mac, click on the little Bluetooth logo on the menu bar and select "Browse Device." You should be able to get your photos that way.

I never tried pushing the photos from the phone-- I always pull them from the phone to the Mac.

Clicked "Browse" under the bluetooth menus and it comes up in the box above, but it says "device does not have the necessary services."

Hmmmm.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
It sounds like your phone has crippled firmware that won't allow bluetooth sending of pictures. I've known quite a few carriers who cripple phones in this way so you have to send them via premium email services.

OP
2dmention
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16Ghz Intel iMac 20"
Somehow this doesn't surprise me. Greedy phone companies. Now I know - and knowing's half the battle.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.