Radio station feed not working on my iMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac
So I've had my iMac now for about 3 weeks and I'm lovin' every minute of it and I think I've finally figured out almost everything I need to know BUT I so have one little dilemma, on my old PC I would always listen to a specific radio show in the morning while I got ready to head out to work but for some strange reason I cant get the player to pop up on the site, on my old PC it would just open a new window with they're live stream player but now when I try on my mac it just gives me an error...I tried following theyre "help" for mac but it was crap and gave me no info at all the site is:

www.923freefm.com

once i click on the live button I get the error message...anyone know whats going on here?

or anyone having similiar problems with any other live radio feeds?

OP
The Turtle!
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac
hmmm thats strange! I have the same version of safari!

man this is really bugging me out I should have all the right plug ins I dunno whats going on here.

OP
The Turtle!
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac
I actually have had flip4mac since I first got the Mac and the other I installed and still nothin'...this is freakin strange...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
radio

hi

this is a long shot

i recently had a problem getting BBC radio audio on my macbook it normally
ran seemlessly. i trashed all the plug ins and the app, reinstalled still could not get the radio to work. i then checked on the BBC website for radio help and beleive it or not a suggestion was to open, and close Garageband, now don't ask me how but i had streaming radio again, loud and clear, as soon as i tried the suggestion.

regards

OP
The Turtle!
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac
Nah didn't work either...but thanks for the suggestion anyway!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
It doesn't work for me either using Safari 2.0.4 it didn't work with Opera on my iMac either

For all my BBC Radio streams I use the free version of Realplayer

OP
The Turtle!
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac
It doesn't work for me either using Safari 2.0.4 it didn't work with Opera on my iMac either

For all my BBC Radio streams I use the free version of Realplayer

yeah I think the station uses windows media player stuff but I have everything doownloaded plug in wise and all other windows media stuff works except this one thing!

Just tried it on firefox and nothing either...this is drivin' me crazy!

Reaction score
same problem

I have the same problem - if you go to real player preferences and adjust you go to play back and set buffering and networktime outs to 999 - it helps...
but still does not solve - can anyone help?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.