Macbook Battery % not changing

Reaction score
My macbook is 8 months old and on the top bar the percentage always stays at 94% and never changes even if it dies and is fully charged again. My computer still will charge, but the only way of telling if it is fully charged is the green light on my charger. If anyone knows what has happened or a solution please leave a message.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16ghz Core Duo | 1GB RAM | 100 GB HDD | 256MB ATI RADEON x1600
have you tried recalibrating your battery?

Calibrating Your Battery
To get the longest running time from your battery, calibrate it sometime during the
first week you have your MacBook and repeat these steps occasionally to keep your
battery functioning at its fullest capacity.
To calibrate your battery:
1) Plug in the power adapter and fully charge your MacBook battery until the light on
the power adapter plug changes to green and the Battery icon in the menu bar
indicates that the battery is fully charged.
2) Allow the battery to rest in the fully charged state for two hours or longer. You may use
your computer during this time as long as the adapter is plugged in.
3) Disconnect the power adapter with the MacBook on and start running it from the
battery. You may use your computer during this time.
When your battery gets low, you will see the low battery warning dialog on the screen.
4) Continue to keep your computer turned on until it goes to sleep. Save your work and
close all applications when the battery gets low and before the system goes to sleep.
5) Turn off the computer or allow it to sleep for five hours or longer.
6) Connect the power adapter and leave it connected until the battery is fully charged
again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
yes try calibrating...atlthough it seems like a menu problem not a battery problem...try restarting ur system menu bar and messing with the battery icon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
does it work on just battery , no ac?

OP
R
Reaction score
I ran onyx and now the percentage is working fine. thanks for your help. Just another reason to run onyx occasionally!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
odd issue for sure

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.