Problems with randomly shuting downs and trouble rebooting

Reaction score
Problems with randomly shutting down and trouble rebooting

I've had my macbook for about 4 or 5 months now and have had no prior problems. Then it shut down in the middle of burning a cd one day. When I tryed to restart it, initially it starts to reboot and then would go off in the middle of booting up. I've continued to have this problem. Any advice or solutions for this guys? Thanks in advance..

OP
T
Reaction score
It goes to the normal booting up screen and then will randomly shut down in the middle of that..or the loading your settings screen traditionally...

Sorry about the poor grammer on topic heading.

OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice mac head case...I will try those out and let you know if they worked out for me.

Reaction score
Have you done all the Software Updates?
If you haven't I think thats your solution. My computer would just randomly shutdown like yours and then eventualy just went completley black when ever I turned it on. If your screen does go black try resetting your p-ram (apple-option p-r) hold those and wait for a loud beep it should then start up. You might need to instal the latest firmware. thats what my problem was. If you have all the latest software then it might be your battery. Is your battery working normal? If it is then you should bring it to the nearest apple store and they should be able to fix it.

M

MacHeadCase

Yeah the firmware update is in the first link I posted, gnrfsu.

If that doesn't fix it, there are other troubleshooting tricks he can try that I linked him to in the same above post.

Reaction score
I didnt see your post beacuse i had started typing left then came back, but it doesnt matter just aslong as his computers ok;)

OP
T
Reaction score
I had seen those articles *sorry I hadn't realized* I've tryed those all except the online downloadable update/program. I do not have internet access for the laptop right now and i am currently browsing via sidekick. When I tryed the other trouble shooting options they work for a good chunk of time but my problem continues. I will update my computer on monday, but until then any other advice would be great. Thanks.

Reaction score
I think the software updates would be the only thing to help your computer for now until monday, sorry your having trouble.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.