Safari and FireFox Freezing

Reaction score
If this is the wrong forum, please forgive me, it's my first post. I have a 15" MacBook Pro, and for whatever reason both Safari and FireFox start freezing whenever I try to load media. For Instance, ESPN video highlites freeze both programs. Has anyone else run into this problem? Any suggestions on how to fix it? The computer itself does not freeze, just the program. Any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16ghz Core Duo | 1GB RAM | 100 GB HDD | 256MB ATI RADEON x1600
Can you tell me what type of applet the browsers try to run when you're loading the media? (flash, java, shockwave, etc.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM
I agree with Nijab3ar, sounds like a flash issue to me. Open Console to look through logs, this should show you the culprit; then, post your results back here.

OP
D
Reaction score
Can you tell me what type of applet the browsers try to run when you're loading the media? (flash, java, shockwave, etc.)

To be honest I am not entirely sure. I think it is Java, and I downloaded and installed updates for java yesterday. Not sure how to open the console, but if you give me some direction on it, I will be glad to try and troubleshoot it.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
ESPN uses Adobe flash player. Download from here.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.