Newbie question!

Reaction score
Can you use a USB wireless internet dongle on a Mac? even though the packaging doesn't say whether it is compatible on a Mac or not?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
What model of mac are you using???

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
and what model of dongle?

(that's such a funy word. :))

OP
P
Reaction score
What model of mac are you using???

IBook G3 dual USB. And I don't know what model as I have not purchased one yet. I am thinking about purchasing one, but I'm not sure if it will work. because none of the packages for any model say that it is Mac compatible.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
After looking into it a bit... I believe it actually DOES need to be listed as OS X compatible.... Unfortunately, I don't know enough about them to recommend anything specific but maybe someone else will.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
theres a new Teen Girl Squad featuring a USB Dongle Goblin...just thought ud like to know...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently shopping for my first Mac.
After a little bit of googling I think I might have found one for you!

Read the first spotlight review for the BELKIN F5D7050 Wireless 802.11g USB Network Adapter.

Now he references a link that doesn't work; apparently it just changed because I found the page here. The driver you want is the second one. If you read the release notes it says that it is compatible with the wireless USB network adapter found on Amazon above, and only compatible with OSX 10.3 and 10.4.

Hope that helps you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo 2Ghz 768M RAM
Dongle is a term from the 80s that doesn't seem to want to go away. \m/
/me realizes his knowledge of that shows his age.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.