PB 15" pros & cons

J

jdscott

Could anyone comment on the PB 15" 1ghz model and tell me any pros and cons of this model and maybe suggestions on what configuration has the best bang for the buck?

OP
K

KLank

It's hard to comment on these witout knowing what you are looking to do with the powerbook. For example, I have and love the 12" powerbook, but if you want it for presentations (using the built in LCD) or alot of photo or video editing then the screen would be too small to use for long periods of time. I'm sure if you give some more info about what you would be using your powerbook for then people can give you a better suggestion. If you are just looking for opions on what works for US, then I like the 12".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
The 15" is really nice, and it has the speakers on each side of the keyboard that sound really good considering! But I like the 12 I think, that sweet compactness is so tempting :)

OP
S

StarManta

You didn't say whether you were taking price into account.... so 17", obviously :)

OP
C

Chamorro

jdscott said:
Could anyone comment on the PB 15" 1ghz model and tell me any pros and cons of this model and maybe suggestions on what configuration has the best bang for the buck?

That 12" w/ SuperDrive seems like a good deal...especially if you have a desktop at home. If not, you'd need the extra power/monitor space of one of the larger ones

OP
G

gitboxnat

PROS:
-userfriendly, easy to use, cute icon (especially dock!), looks great

CONS:
-kinda pricey, not much programs to use, friends hate me cuz i use the mac. but i dont' really care. haha.

overall, the PB is a very good piece of technology. i only have one or two little problems with it, but i guess it's just the RAM. hopefully i can get 1GB RAM sometime soon.

hopes this helps...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
witeshark said:
The 15" is really nice, and it has the speakers on each side of the keyboard that sound really good considering! But I like the 12 I think, that sweet compactness is so tempting :)

The PB12 and PB15 has a mini sub-woofer, doesn't do much but compared to the Ti, there is definitely a little more depth.

pb12.jpg

pb15fw800.jpg

pb17.jpg

Images taken from Apple's Service Manuals

Boom!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.