YouTube has stopped working

Reaction score
I`ve had my imac for 4 months now and have had no problems but tonight while trying to access video content(any video content) on YouTube I get a message "Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Macromedia's Flash Player."

I have the latest version of Flash Player,I presume JavaScript is running??

I get no video playback at all.Am I missing something obvious here?

Anyone got any ideas?:(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Have you changed browsers recently?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 Imac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD
OP
adox
Reaction score
I have had problems with this before on my Fiance's Mac Mini G4 go here http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash&promoid=BIOW

Redownload and install the adobe shockwave stuff. I know you have the latest version, but after I reinstalled it resolved the issue for me. Give it a try.

Thanks,thats where the initial message on youtube linked me to and I downloaded the latest version.I`ve downloaded and re-installed it again but its still the same unfortunately.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 Imac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD
Well I'll be... Have you checked to see if there are any software updated available on the top left apple menu? I know there was a Java one recently.

Maybe try this... but beware I am pretty sure it will whipe out your bookmarks. In the Safari menu, click reset safari.

OP
adox
Reaction score
Well I'll be... Have you checked to see if there are any software updated available on the top left apple menu? I know there was a Java one recently.

Maybe try this... but beware I am pretty sure it will whipe out your bookmarks. In the Safari menu, click reset safari.

Yeah I checked for any software updates but I`m up to date.
I was about to follow your suggestion and reset Safari,but before I did I cleared the cache first to see if that made any difference and voila,everythings working again.Strange one.

Anyway thanks for the help.

M

MacHeadCase

Create a new user account and see if the problem persists in the new account.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.