Trouble with DVD burning

Reaction score
I am trying to back up my dvd collection by burning DVD's on my mac book pro. I have mac the ripper and toast. I have tried to both copy strait from the DVD but also by ripping them to my computer and then burning them using toast. I am getting an encrypryption error when I click copy on toast. I thought that mac the ripper was supposed to fix that. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this problem. I paid for toast because someone on here said it was the best. Does anyone know what I can do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
It is the best.... MacTheRipper should be ripping it, and leaving NO encryption, thus enabling you to burn with Toast (the best). After ripping with Mac The Ripper does the file play of your computer?

Make sure in the TOAST setting you have in set to "BURN DVD" and not some other format.

Between MacTheRipper and Toast you have what you need. Just need to get the settings correct.

OP
W
Reaction score
It will play on my computer... for instance.. I tried to copy accepted. I ripped it w/mac the ripper and then I copied all the files that mac the ripper put in the folder into toast (after clicking on the video and then the dvd option. It starts to burn but then near the end it says there is an error. Do I need to change any settings on mac the ripper or toast?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.