I want my original dock icons back!!!!!

Reaction score
Hey guys-

These past few months I've been messing around a lot with downloading new icons and customizing my dock. I was dumb and forgot to make copies of the original icons! Now I don't know how to get my original dock icons back?! I MISS THEM TERRIBLY! Does anyone know how I can get them back?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
Should be simple. Open the Finder, go to the Applications. Then drag your desired icons down to the dock.

If you want to know exactly how it looked when new, create a new account, go to it, and you'll see a pristine dock. Note the icons, what and where they are. Go back to your main account and recreate your dock as desired.

Hope this helps!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
I realized afterwards that you have the apps you want, but you've changed the specific icons. You might still get the correct icons from a separate account on your machine, if you haven't actually overwritten the originals.

Sorry for the confusion on my part!

OP
D
Reaction score
I realized afterwards that you have the apps you want, but you've changed the specific icons. You might still get the correct icons from a separate account on your machine, if you haven't actually overwritten the originals.

Sorry for the confusion on my part!

Yeah that's my problem. I'm pretty sure I've gotten rid of the originals. Even when I create a new account, the originally icons don't show up! I wonder if there's somewhere where I can download the original icons??

T

todd51

Try downloading CandyBar, and you should see the option to restore the icons.

Picture 1.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
On each App. that you want to change back to the original. Ctrl+Click the icon... Select "Get Info", click to highlight the icon in the top of the get info window... then press APPLE+X (cut)... Now you'll have the original back.

No different that how you put new icons on the apps. using APPLE+V (paste)... now you just do the same steps except APPLE=X (cut)...

Unless you were using CandyBar to change the icons... in which case, inside candybar you would just drag whatever icon you wanted removed onto the desktop and it would "poof" away.

OP
D
Reaction score
On each App. that you want to change back to the original. Ctrl+Click the icon... Select "Get Info", click to highlight the icon in the top of the get info window... then press APPLE+X (cut)... Now you'll have the original back.

Thank you very much!
It's working.
;-)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger

No different that how you put new icons on the apps. using APPLE+V (paste)... now you just do the same steps except APPLE=X (cut)...
The delete key works as well as apple+x, because it takes quite a reach to get the command key and the x key with one hand. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
The delete key works as well as apple+x, because it takes quite a reach to get the command key and the x key with one hand. ;)

<<<Warning>>> <<<internet sarcasm to follow... be advised>>>>

But the Delete key is WAY, WAY, up in the corner... I can hardly reach it.. Why would APPLE make a keyboard with the delete key Sooo inaccessible?? I should throw this piece of junk in the trash!

<<<end sarcasm>>>>

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.