isight not detected

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac intel Os x 10.4.8
Hello...
I have a iMac intel OS X10.4.8
I recently attempted to make a video call using Skype, but the video setting was not working, i then tried to change the video preferences but no camera was being detected. I then quit the application and tried to run Photo Booth, the error " Photo Booth cannot open because no camera is attached or the camera is in use by another application." I therefore checked the programs running in the Activity Monitor. No other (isight) applications were running. I then deleted Skype thinking this was the problem. Checked the System Profiler, isight nowhere to be found. Tried updating software but i was up to date. Scoured through different discussion forums, reset the SMC, tested hardware, i even ran a archive and install, still no joy.
At the moment i am blaming the firmware update as this is the only thing that i have done which has changed my system. Searching everywhere to remove firmware is impossible, and i think i am now in a place where i have to do a clean install and thats the only way i know how to wipe out the firmware.
Could anyone give any advice as i don't want to delete everything and then find out its actually the hardware that needs replacing.
Thank you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.