AppleCare vs. Store Warranty?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook|iPod
you can buy apple product warranty from applecare, plus applecare is good better for trust of the product care, (only because they make the product) but if your lucky you can get free extras for your product plus 1 extra year of warranty for $89.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0ghz 3gb Ram C2D Black Macbook
I ended up buying my Macbook from best buy back in may even though I hate them for 1 main reason. My buddy works there, and he explained their warranty plan to me as if I were to drop it, it gets hit by a car, or I just feel like punching it to death, ect... it would be fixed under their warranty no questions asked. Obviously I'm not going to test it, but seems pretty cool that damage is covered.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook black, Intel C2D 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 320GB WD Scorpio HD
Definitely Apple Care because it is recognised anywhere in the world where there is an Apple Centres or Resellers.

Reaction score
Store warranties do have advantages that no one has touched on though:

1. Store warranty covers accidental damage from drops, screen breakage, "acts of god."

That's why I'm buying a Macbook from pcworld and getting the extended warranty, rather than buying direct from Apple. If anything happens it would have to go back to Apple anyway since there's no local Apple store.

At least buying from pcworld I wont be paying the repair bill if it gets damaged.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.