Office:mac 2004, a fine Product Of Software

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
Office:mac 2004 is a fine Product of Software, herein called POS. I ordered a copy of it through my company's home use program with Microsoft. I ordered it on January 25, 2007 and it arrived today, March 1, 2007. It came from Ohio, and according to Google Maps it was 427 miles. That's about 12.2 miles per day. Long walk. (The metered postage stamp says this is "SmartMail" and is marked Time Sensitive Material. Humor. I love it!)

(For anyone outside of the US, first class mail can easily go from here to LA and back within the week. That's about 2,600 miles each way.)

Okay, so that's fine. I installed the entire package. I'm doing this so that I can convince my wife to move to Apple machines. She's rather addicted to Windows, but she could be convinced. Sully my little MacBook I did in the name of banishing Windows from our home.

The thing installed fine and I updated the package online. Everything went fine.

So I have this Excel spreadsheet that uses Visual Basic. That spreadsheet is then used to import other data. I kinda knew it wouldn't work. It actually works fine in Office 2003 for Windows, for what it's worth, but I didn't figure it could work in Office:mac. It showed it is a fine POS (again, Product Of Software). While it opened the spreadsheet, it crashed and burned on loading the data. Data. I tried it again, knowing what would happen. This POS (yes, Product Of Software) was as reliable the second time as the first by crashing and burning.

Impressive.

Microsoft will make billion$ on Vista and Office 2007. Count on it.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Office:mac 2004 is a fine Product of Software, herein called POS. I ordered a copy of it through my company's home use program with Microsoft. I ordered it on January 25, 2007 and it arrived today, March 1, 2007. It came from Ohio, and according to Google Maps it was 427 miles. That's about 12.2 miles per day. Long walk. (The metered postage stamp says this is "SmartMail" and is marked Time Sensitive Material. Humor. I love it!)

(For anyone outside of the US, first class mail can easily go from here to LA and back within the week. That's about 2,600 miles.)

Okay, so that's fine. I installed the entire package. I'm doing this so that I can convince my wife to move to Apple machines. She's rather addicted to Windows, but she could be convinced. Sully my little MacBook I did in the name of banishing Windows from our home.

The thing installed fine and I updated the package online. Everything went fine.

So I have this Excel spreadsheet that uses Visual Basic. That spreadsheet is then used to import other data. I kinda knew it wouldn't work. It actually works fine in Office 2003 for Windows, for what it's worth, but I didn't figure it could work in Office:mac. It showed it is a fine POS (again, Product Of Software). While it opened the spreadsheet, it crashed and burned on loading the data. Data. I tried it again, knowing what would happen. This POS (yes, Product Of Software) was as reliable the second time as the first by crashing and burning.

Impressive.

Microsoft will make billion$ on Vista and Office 2007. Count on it.

LOL - thanks for the chuckle, and I agree with your assessment. Frankly, if my company didn't have the HUP, I'd be running NeoOffice right now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
OK, I'll bite. What is significant about calling it a "Product of Software" vs, say, the more descriptive "bloatware"? :dive:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
LOL... I think POS standing for "product of software" is sarcasm.

The REAL acronym for POS is.......

Ready for this????

Piece

of

Oh c'mon.... you didn't think I was really going to finish it did you???

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

OP
mathogre
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
LOL... I think POS standing for "product of software" is sarcasm.
You win!

This *is* a family friendly forum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too easy! I thought of that right away. I figured, given the provenance of the name "mathogre" there was a clever anagram hidden in it. I pondered it all night!! :dive:

OP
mathogre
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too easy! I thought of that right away. I figured, given the provenance of the name "mathogre" there was a clever anagram hidden in it. I pondered it all night!! :dive:
So sorry!!!! It was just one of those times I needed to rant and call it what it was, with the consideration that this is a nice place.

And now I noticed something even more subliminal in what I did. I called it a "fine Product Of Software". Part of my model for "adjusting" POS was from things like "read the fine manual". Feel free to substitute here accordingly. A Fine Product Of Software it truly is.

Reaction score
Is "mathogre" an anagram?

HOT GAMER
METRO HAG
GREAT OHM

OP
mathogre
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Is "mathogre" an anagram?

HOT GAMER
METRO HAG
GREAT OHM
Those are great!

Yes it is, at least partly. Here's the full anagram of my name.

Evil Math Ogre Kgh-Ra = Graham Keith Glover

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Those are great!

Yes it is, at least partly. Here's the full anagram of my name.

Evil Math Ogre Kgh-Ra = Graham Keith Glover

Oh... I thought it was either:

Moth Rage

or

A Hot Germ

:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Groan!!!!!......

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.