Imac 20 + LCD TV or Imac 24 + usb TV

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Hi, I'm planning on switching as soon as the new Leopard gets out but i'm hesitating between 2 choices to furnished my new home office :

1) Getting an Imac 20 on my desk and putting a LCD TV on the wall with a setup box for digital tv

OR

2) Getting an Imac 24 (which looks a lot better!!!) and finding a way to connect my digital set up box on the Imac with a hardware and software yet to be find in my research?

Thanks a lot

Pat

Reaction score
i just got my 20" iMac today and i am running dvi out to my other 20" lcd hdmi tv and i am loving every second of it

Reaction score
I went through the same thoughts. I ended up getting the 24" iMac and eyeTV (connects via usb). For me it was cheaper than getting the smaller iMac and seperate LCD tv.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20", 250gb, 512mb, Airport/Bluetooth, wireless kb+mouse
You may find yourself wishing you could have the TV running a show while you're on your computer doing something else. For instance, before I had a DVD player in my room I had to pretty much stop using my MBP so I could watch it the DVD full screen. Now I have a DVD player so I can watch the movie and be on my computer researching the film on IMDB, for instance.

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Hey bnamike

I know it's cheaper to buy the 24" but those the quality of the tv with eyetv is good? can you connect digital tv trought a set up box?

Thanks

Pat

Reaction score
EyeTV on a 24" iMac won't be as good as a LCD with Digital TV (or HDTV) on it. That's what it pretty much comes down too. Question is, how important is picture quality to you :) ? EyeTV compares to Tube-TV fuzzyness, but it's good enough for me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.