• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

The Mac-Forums Mug Shot List

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
Well didn't you just throw in a stereotype in there?

To me, that's stereotyping.

So your saying there aren't people out like that?

I'm not stereotyping because I'm not saying that everybody who dies there hair or gets piercings is like that. Lots of people, probably most people, just do it because they like how it looks. I know many people like this and are friends with many people like this.

A stereotype is something to describe a whole group when the group can't be described one way. I'm not saying that every person who does it is like that, in fact most of the people aren't, but I cant be the only person who has known people who do these kinds of things for stupid reasons, like trying to tick off their parents.

M

MacHeadCase

Thanks for the definition of stereotyping since it seems it escapes my knowledge.

You said:
The people who do it because they are "rebelling against their parents" or something stupid like that.

I'm saying that you are oversimplifying very dramatic situations by stereotyping and painting a portrait that is easy for you to understand.

Anyway I'm out of here. This used to be a fun thread.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
Well I certainly dint mean to offend anybody or ruin the thread. I obviously have a different idea of what I am talking about.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
I know what you mean, about people rebelling against authority or their parents. I was raised by my grandparents, they always wanted me to dress like a prep. I really hated it because, that wasn't who I was. So I changed how I looked. I guess you could say it was kind of out of rebellion. But, I didn't do it solely because I wanted to "get back at them". It just didn't make me comfortable, I wasn't comfortable in my own skin when I wore clothes like that.

For some people that act out in certain ways, they feel the only closure is to be "different" they will join a specific group of people, or do certain things to be accepted because they feel rejected by some one. If a parent wants them to be a certain way, or dress a certain way, but they want to wear something else. Then, they will act out and do something "crazy".

Sometimes people get into the wrong crowd, and the crowd can influence what some one does to themselves. Sometimes something big happens in someones life and they feel they can only relieve the pain by cutting themselves, or wearing all black, because it gives the feeling of closure. It's hard to understand why some people do the things they do. There is usually something that happened in that persons life to make them change drastically and to rebel against certain authority.

I don't like scene kids, allot of them are posers, (sorry) it just feels that way. But anyways, some people just feel it's right for them, whatever it is. Some people get the pleasure of wearing cardigan sweaters and going to a coffee shop every afternoon because it makes them feel comfortable, others will wear jet black parachute pants and wear black makeup or something and cut themselves, because it gives them closure and makes them feel comfortable.

Like I said before there is just sometimes something happens in someones life that makes them choose the path that they go. I bet If you sit someone down and asked them, they might tell you. Sometimes, that's all that people need, someone to talk to.

Reaction score
me

a1.jpg

edit: hmmm, just realised that I look as though someone is moulding me...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
Well here is a picture om my wife and myself.
macmug.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro with a purdy Reef cover, MacBook, iBook, iPhone, iPod.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
More recent picture. This was from this summer. I had to shave the beard recently, but it is on its way back for the winter!

attachment.php

n1417440002_30015757_1420.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" | 2.0Ghz Intel Core Duo 2 | 1GB Ram | 250GB HDD | ATi Radeon HD2400XT 128MB Video
And this is me!

Taken on my birthday on 29/04 at Dreamworld.
I'm on the right.

706cscd.jpg

OP
RiDE
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
And this is me!

Taken on my birthday on 29/04 at Dreamworld.
I'm on the right.

Wow!! You're a giant plastic tiger???!!!!! Cool!!!!!

;D Great pic cheetahastra!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4
My first post on this forum.
great site!
This was taken while i'm at work with my blackberry
IMG00007_resized.jpg

OP
RiDE
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Nice pic natakuzen!!!! It sort of looks like you're a bit concerned about someone catching you taking a picture of yourself :D.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4
Nice pic natakuzen!!!! It sort of looks like you're a bit concerned about someone catching you taking a picture of yourself :D.
hahaha ya I did look around first and made sure no one was walking by my cubicle when I took that picture.:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
I need a new mug of my single self :D

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Here is a new updated pic of myself with the new black hair. :D
IMG_0007.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
ooooo, looks good netty

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.